Air Conditioner : In case of air conditioning, "ton" The term refers to the capacity of an air conditioning unit to cool a room or hall. Think of it in this way that the more tonnage the AC has, the bigger the area it can cool. 1 ton AC means it will cool your room as much as 1 ton of ice, while 2 ton AC will cool your room as much as 2 ton ice. Overall, if the size of your room is large, then you have to take an air conditioner of more tonnage, but if the size of the room is small, then you have to take an AC of less tonnage. In this news, we are telling you that depending on the size of the room, how many tons of AC should you buy.
How much ton air conditioner to buy?
- If your room size is up to 150 sq ft, 1 ton AC will be enough for you.
- 1.5 ton AC will be needed for a room size of 150-250 sq ft.
- 250-400 sq ft size room will require 2 Ton AC.
- 3 Ton AC will be fine for 400-600 sq ft size room.
- Whereas, if your room size is 600-800 square feet, then you will need 4 Ton AC for better cooling.
Let’s also clarify here that factors like insulation, ceiling height and windows can also affect the cooling capacity required for a room. In such a situation, pay attention to these factors while shopping for AC. You can consult a professional for the exact AC depending on the factor of your room. Typically, cooling capacity is measured in British Thermal Units (BTUs) per hour, with larger rooms requiring more BTUs.
Also read – running the fan at number 5 consumes less electricity than at number 2 or 4… is there anything like this?