Rajasthan Budget 2023-24: Before the announcement of the budget, the employees of Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation have taken to the road. He handed over a memorandum to the Jodhpur collector in the name of Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot. The memorandum mentions the salary and pension of roadways employees. Employees say that the state government will use the revenue due to roadways having control over valuable real estate in Rajasthan. The Roadways Corporation, established in public welfare, has also been an important department like education, medicine, electricity, water and other departments of the state government.
Rajasthan Roadways employees hit the road
Dharamveer Sen, president of the Ministerial and Subordinate Employees Union, said that since June 2016, there has been no increase in the passenger fare till date. The price of diesel has almost doubled in today’s time. Due to increase in salary, pension, toll tax, maintenance, repair, pension of employees, the loss of operation of buses has increased. About 21000 employees and pensioners of roadways are not getting salary and pension for two-three months. .
Roadways workers are not getting the benefit of the Chief Minister’s announcements and facilities in the interest of the employees. Roadways workers are deprived of the benefits of OPS, RGHS, bonus, pay scale, promotion, leave. In 2021, the then Transport Minister had proposed to merge roadways with the state government department. Sandeep Verma, the then Chairman and Managing Director of Roadways Corporation, had sent a letter on 24.08.21 to the Principal Government Secretary (Transport) agreeing in principle to merge Roadways with the State Government Department.
Major demand of Rajasthan roadways employees
- 7 year arrears of seventh pay scale not received
- Benefit of OPS not to roadways employees
- Diwali bonus not paid since 5 years
- No provision for promotion to the driver during service
- Payment of salary and pension delayed by 2-3 months
- Retirement benefits not paid for many years
- 15000 vacant posts no new recruitment for 10 years
- 4000 new buses not procured for the fleet
- Roadways resources not increasing according to passenger load
- Roadways should be made government by giving department status
- Demand for state employee status to employees
- Uninterrupted payment of salaries, allowances, pension of employees
- Procurement of 4000 new buses for fleet, recruitment of 15000 personnel
Rajasthan: ‘The incident of paper leak is not only happening in Rajasthan, it is also happening in BJP ruled states’, said CM Ashok Gehlot