Shattila Ekadashi 2023 Til Importance: According to Panchang, Ekadashi date falls in Krishna Paksha and Shukla Paksha of every month. All Ekadashi dates are dedicated to the worship of Lord Vishnu. The Ekadashi that falls in the Krishna Paksha of Magha month is known as Shattila Ekadashi. This year Shattila Ekadashi is falling on Wednesday, January 18, 2023.
Sesame has great importance on Shattila Ekadashi. That’s why it is also called Til Ekadashi. In Shattila Ekadashi, not only the use of sesame but also the donation of sesame is important. Know why there is so much importance of sesame on Shattila Ekadashi.
Use of sesame is best on Shattila Ekadashi
It has been said by Shri Krishna that all the living beings in the world continuously perform actions. In this way, knowingly or unknowingly, they also commit sinful deeds. In the scriptures, many types of measures have been told to get rid of sinful deeds. One of these is Shattila Ekadashi of Magha Krishna Paksha. According to the scriptures, it is best to keep fast on Shattila Ekadashi and use sesame seeds in many ways ranging from bathing-donation, eating-cooking and worship-recitation. This destroys the sins of a person.
Shattila Ekadashi Muhurta
- Shattila Ekadashi Tithi Begins: Tuesday 17 Jan 2023 at 06:05 PM
- Shattila Ekadashi Ends: Wednesday Jan 18 2023 at 04:03 PM
- Udayatithi According to this fasting and worship of Shattila Ekadashi will be valid on January 18.
Use of sesame seeds on Shattila Ekadashi
Sesame should be used in many ways throughout the day on Shattila Ekadashi. It is believed that good deeds also increase by using sesame seeds on this day. Not only this, the fruit of the use and donation of sesame seeds made on Shattila Ekadashi is also received in heaven. This has been told in the fasting story of Shattila Ekadashi.
- On Shattila Ekadashi, one should bathe in the morning by applying sesame paste or mixing sesame seeds in water.
- Offering food made of sesame seeds should be offered to God in the worship.
- Shattila Ekadashi Puja Perform Havan with sesame seeds.
- Donate sesame seeds to the poor and needy on this day.
- Drink sesame seeds in water
- Sesame seeds or dishes made with sesame seeds Cook.
- If possible, pronounce Til as well.
Read also: Astrology: Don’t touch these things lying on the way, even by mistake… why learn here