Sawan Rudrabhishek 2023: The month of Sawan is considered very special for the worship, worship and fasting of Lord Shiva. Sawan is considered a holy month in Hinduism and it is the favorite month of Bholenath. In such a situation, if you do Rudrabhishek during this time, then it gives special results.
Rudrabhishek is considered an important ritual in Hinduism, in which anointing is performed on Shivling with devotion. By doing Rudrabhishek one gets the blessings of Lord Shiva. But you will get its result only if you do Rudrabhishek according to the rules and regulations. So let’s know what are the ingredients needed for Rudrabhishek and what is the right method to do it.
Materials required for Rudrabhishek
You can do Rudrabhishek yourself at home or you can also get Rudrabhishek done through a priest. For Rudrabhishek, you will need cow’s ghee, sandalwood, betel leaf, incense, flowers, sandalwood, betel leaves, camphor, sweets, fruits, honey, curd, milk, dry fruits, rose water, Panchamrit sugarcane juice, sandalwood, Gangajal, pure water, betel nut, coconut, Shringi etc. Collect these ingredients before Rudrabhishek.
Method of Rudrabhishek
- For Rudrabhishek place the Shivling in the north direction and your face should be towards the east. First of all pour Gangajal in Shringi and start Abhishek. Then anoint the Shivling with as many liquids as sugarcane juice, honey, curd, milk, water, panchamrit etc.
- Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra during Rudrabhishek- "Om Trimbakam Yajamahe Sugandhi Pushtivardhanam. Urvarukamiv Bandhanan Mrityormukshiya Mamritat ॥" Keep on chanting.
- Simultaneously you can also chant Shiva Tandav Stotra, Om Namah Shivay or Rudra Mantra.
- Apply sandalwood paste on the Shivling, offer betel leaves, betel leaves, supari etc. and offer bhog.
- Light incense-lamps near the Shivling
- Now chant the mantra of Lord Shiva 108 times And perform aarti with the family.
- Keep collecting the water of Rudrabhishek in a vessel and later sprinkle the whole house with this water.
- Take this water as Prasad. Diseases and defects are removed by this.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on beliefs and information only. It is important to mention here thatdoes not represent, confirm or endorse any information. Please seek expert advice before acting on any information or assumptions.