Ganesh Chaturthi 2023 Date: Every year, the 10-day Ganesh festival starts from the Chaturthi Tithi of Shukla Paksha of Bhadrapada which continues till Anant Chaturdashi. On the day of Ganesh Chaturthi, Ganapati ji, the giver of Riddhi Siddhi, sits in homes and pandals.
It is believed that for these ten days Ganesh ji solves all their problems by staying on earth from Kailash among the devotees. This is the reason why this festival is celebrated with pomp all over India. Let’s know when will Ganesh Utsav start this year, the auspicious time and significance of Ganpati Sthapana on Ganesh Chaturthi.
10 day Ganesh Utsav 2023 when? (When is Ganesh Chaturthi 2023 Date)
This year Ganesh Utsav will be held on 19 September 2023 from Ganesh Chaturthi. It will end on 28 September 2023 on Anant Chaturthi. The last day is the immersion of Bappa’s idol.
Ganesh Chaturthi 2023 Sthapana Muhurat
Ganesh Chaturthi days Bappa’s establishment should be done in auspicious time only, it brings auspiciousness and benefits in the house. Gauri’s son takes away all the sorrows of the family.
Bhadrapada Shukla Chaturthi date starts – 18 September 2023, 12.39 pm
Bhadrapada Shukla Chaturthi date ends – 19 September 2023, 01.43 pm p>
- Ganesh Sthapana Time – 11.07 am – 01.34 pm (19 September 2023)
Ganesh Chaturthi Puja Vidhi Puja vidhi)
- Clean the place of worship thoroughly before setting up Ganpati on Ganesh Chaturthi.
- Now put yellow on the worship post. Or spread a red cloth. In an auspicious time, install Ganapati on a post facing east.
- Now sprinkle Ganga water from Durva on Ganesha. Offer turmeric, rice, sandalwood, rose, vermilion, mauli, durva, janeu, sweets, modak, fruits, garlands and flowers to them.
- Now along with Lord Shri Ganesha, worship Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati. worship too. Offer laddoos or modaks and then perform aarti.
- Similarly for 10 days every morning and evening worship and perform aarti and offer bhog.
Why celebrate Ganesh Utsav for 10 days? Why We Celebrate Ganesh Utsav? In Ganesh Utsav, one worships Bappa duly for 10 days, all his works are proved. Whereas according to a legend Maharishi Vedvyas ji had invoked Ganesha for the creation of Mahabharata. Vyas ji kept reciting verses and Ganapati ji went on writing the Mahabharata script for 10 days without stopping. In ten days, a layer of dust and soil got frozen on Ganesh ji. After 10 days i.e. on Anant Chaturdashi, Bappa bathed in Saraswati river and cleaned himself, after that Ganesh festival was celebrated for ten days.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on beliefs and information only. It is important to mention here thatdoes not represent, confirm or endorse any information. Before acting on any information or belief, seek relevant expert advice.