Bharat Gaurav, Swami Vivekananda Speech in Chicago: Swami Vivekananda was born on 12 January 1863 in Kolkata, Bengal in a Bengali family. His father’s name was Vishwanath Dutt and mother’s name was Bhuvaneshwari Devi. The childhood name of Swami Vivekananda was Narendra Nath Dutt, but later he became famous as Swami Vivekananda.
Swami Vivekananda is called the knower of religion, science, art, philosophy, social and literature. Even today his thoughts inspire the youth. Every year on January 12, the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda is celebrated as National Youth Day. Whenever it comes to Swami Vivekananda, his speech given in Chicago, America is definitely mentioned.
Art Institute of Chicago Highlights of Vivekananda’s speech in
- Swami Vivekananda said in the beginning of the speech, my American brothers and sisters, you have welcomed me with affection, which filled my heart. I thank you in the name of the world’s old saint-tradition and the mother of all religions. I express my gratitude on behalf of Hindus of all castes and creeds.
- I am proud to belong to a religion which has taught the world the lesson of tolerance and universal acceptance and we have to accept all religions as truth. I accept it as a form.
- I am also proud that I belong to a country which has given shelter to people of all religions.
- In his speech Vivekananda says, &lsquo Just as the rivers originating from different places, after passing through different routes, finally meet in the sea. In the same way man also chooses a path different from his wish. These paths may appear to be different but they all lead to God.’
- The present conference which is one of the most sacred gatherings till date, was itself said in the Gita. This sermon is proof of this, ‘Whoever comes to me, no matter what, I reach him. People choose different paths, suffer hardships but reach me in the end.’
- The religious obstinacy of communalism, bigotry and its hideous progeny have gripped this beautiful land and torn it apart from violence. is filled. Don’t know how many times this earth has become red with blood and don’t know how many civilizations were destroyed and how many countries were destroyed.
- Had these dreadful monsters not been there, human society would have been much better. But now their time is up and I hope that the bugle of this conference will prove to be the destroyer of all bigotry, bigotry and miseries. Be it with the sword or the edge of the pen.
Read also: Neem Karoli Baba: Know who is Neem Karoli Baba, whose ashram reaches from Bollywood to Hollywood stars