Parineeti-Raghav Wedding: Bollywood actress Parineeti Chopra and Aam Aadmi Party MP Raghav Chadha will tie the knot today on 24 September 2023. Parineeti-Raghav Wedding is very much discussed in the film and political world.
Let us tell you that Parineeti-Raghav royal wedding will take place in the luxurious Leena Palace of Udaipur. Both Parineeti and Raghav are Punjabi and hence their marriage will be according to Punjabi customs. Know how Punjabi weddings happen. What customs and rituals are there in it? Also let us know the meaning and importance of these rituals.
Rituals Importance in Wedding
Irrespective of the religion in which the marriage takes place, it Customs have special importance. Because after marriage, even if two people start a new life. But it also binds two clans or two families in a new relationship. Therefore, from the time the marriage is fixed till the farewell and even after that, many types of rituals are performed in every religion. Through rituals, the couple and the family gradually come closer, which strengthens the relationship.
These rituals followed during marriage are like a ladder, in which steps By climbing two steps, two unknown people reach marriage and become one for seven births. This is the reason why every ritual performed in a marriage has special significance. Talking about Punjabi wedding, let us know the importance of rituals from Roka to Chuda ceremony and Doli.
Punjabi Wedding Rituals /p>
- Roka: Roka is the first ritual performed in a marriage. In this, the relationship between the bride and groom is finalized and both become dedicated to each other. During the Roka ceremony, both the families come together and exchange gifts and sweets and celebrate the confirmation of the relationship. Generally there is no ring exchange in this. But nowadays many people also get engaged in Roka. After the Roka, both the boys and girls put rings on each other in the presence of family and close friends.
- Kirtan: This ritual has special significance in Punjabi weddings. After the Roka or engagement, puja-kirtan is organized at the house of the bride and groom. It is meant to mark the auspicious beginning of the relationship which starts from day till night.
- Sangeet Ceremony: In Sangeet ceremony, drums are played and the family dances to the beat of the drums. There is a lot of dancing and singing, which is the pride of Punjabi weddings.
- Mehndi: Mehndi is also an important part of the wedding ritual. Therefore, mehndi is applied on the hands of both the bride and groom. In many families, along with Mehndi, Jaggo ritual is also done. In this everyone stays awake the whole night. On this day, lamps are lit, which the bride’s maternal aunt carries on her head.
- Haldi-Chuda: Turmeric is applied to the bride and groom before the wedding. Family members and close friends participate in this ritual. In the Chura ritual, bangles are offered by the bride’s maternal uncle, which everyone touches and blesses. When the bride is made to wear bangles, she keeps her eyes closed. Actually, there is a rule to wear bangles for the whole year. But the bangles can be removed even after one month or 40 days of marriage. The ritual of removing the bangles is called Chuda Vadhaya.
- Sehra and Ghodi offering: On the wedding day, when the groom gets ready, his sister makes him wear the Sehra. The groom’s family and friends together mount him on the mare. After mounting the mare, the groom goes to the bride’s house with the wedding procession.
- Baraat-Milni: When the groom reaches the bride’s house, the girls welcome the groom and the wedding procession. . This is called Milni. After this, the varmala ceremony takes place and then both the bride and groom take seven rounds as per the rituals.
- Anand Karaj: In Punjabi marriage ceremony is called Anand Karaj. The main hostel of Gurdwara Sahib, where Sikh religious books are read and four prayers are recited. During the Anand Karaj ritual, the bride and groom sit on a special chair and one chair for each prayer is called Lavan. After the caravan is completed there, the bride and groom get married. Punjabi wedding traditions in which Anand Karaj is followed by Karah Prasad from Gurudwara Sahib and blessings of elders to carry forward the celebration.
- Doli: Doli farewell ceremony takes place. After the wedding ceremony is over in the Gurudwara, the bride is bid farewell. This is an emotional moment. But everyone blesses the bride for a happy married life and after this the couple starts a new life.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based only on assumptions and information. It is important to mention here thatDoes not endorse or confirm any information. Consult the relevant expert before implementing any information or belief.
For More Related News Visit Lifestyle