Adhik Maas 2023 Kab Se Shuru: Adhik Maas, which comes every three years, is starting from 18 July 2023, which will run till 16 August. This month is called the favorite month of Lord Vishnu. Manglik is prohibited in this month, but Adhikamas is considered very sacred from the point of view of worship and devotion.
It is also called Malmas and Purushottam month. It is believed that the one who worships Lord Vishnu in Adhikamas never faces shortage of money while alive, after death he gets a place in heaven. Let’s know the importance of Adhikamas, rules.
Adhik Maas Significance
According to the scriptures, the human body is made up of the five elements, water, fire, sky, air and earth. With the balance of these five, a person is able to run his life smoothly. It has been told in the religious texts that worship, contemplation and meditation in Adhikamas create a balance of these five, due to which a person gets physical happiness and progress. By doing religious work in Adhikamas, the horoscope defects of the person are also resolved. This is the reason why Adhikamas, which comes every three years, has special significance.
Why Adhikamas comes every three years?
To balance the difference between the solar year and the lunar year, Adhikamas comes every three years. According to the Indian system of counting, each solar year is 365 days and about 6 hours, while the lunar year is considered to be 354 days. There is a difference of about 11 days between the two years, which becomes equal to about 1 month every three years. To bridge this gap, an additional month comes every three years, which is called Adhikamas.
Adhik Maas Do’s
- According to the scriptures, worship of Vishnu ji, listening to mantras, yagya-havan, Shrimad Devi Bhagwat, Shri Bhagwat Puran, Shri Vishnu Puran, Gita recitation, story of Lord Narasimha etc. 33 crore deities are pleased.
- The whole one month of Adhikamas Donate money, grains, footwear, lamps, clothes, tambul, as well as serve cows. This reduces the inauspicious effects of planets in the horoscope.
- Tirth Shradh, Darsh Shradh, and Nitya Shradh should be performed during Adhikamas. This gives satisfaction to the souls of 7 generations of forefathers.
- Taking a holy bath in Adhikamas, keeping a silent fast, lighting an unbroken lamp in front of the presiding deity leads to the abode of Goddess Lakshmi.
- Sun changes zodiac sign every month, but Sun does not change zodiac sign in Adhik Maas, because of this this month is not considered auspicious. This is called dirty mass. Manglik works like marriage, mundan, house warming, sacred thread ceremony should not be done.
- Don’t consume things like leafy vegetables, lentils, urad dal, radish, fenugreek, garlic, garlic, vindictive food etc. in Malmas. . Follow celibacy. Sleep at one time, it would be better to sleep on the ground.
- Sacrifice anger, arrogance, greed in Adhikamas. Do not hold grudges towards anyone, do not insult. Those who do not do this do not get the merit of the religious work done in this month.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on beliefs and information only. It is important to mention here thatdoes not represent, confirm or endorse any information. Before acting on any information or belief, seek relevant expert advice.
For More Related News Visit Lifestyle