Delhi University Election 2023: ABVP has released its manifesto for Delhi University elections, in which 20 issues have been raised. This manifesto has been made after talking to the students of the university.
ABVP told that thousands of suggestions were taken for this, then this manifesto was arrived at. Especially the Women’s Manifesto has been issued separately in which ‘Mission Swabhiman’ was run among the students of Delhi University. About 18000 suggestions were received under this mission, after which this manifesto has been released.
ABVP’s issues in Delhi University Students Union elections
- One course, one fee across Delhi University
- Special bus for University
- Metro concessional pass for DU students
- SC-ST, OBC Increase in scholarship
- Supplementary examination for all students
- Each college must have a girls hostel
- New hostels to accommodate maximum number of students in the hostels Should be created
- Single dashboard for all students for their administrative and academic requirement
- Free Wi-Fi in college and hostel campus
- All campuses 24×7 Health Centre
- Full time Gynecologist and Psychologist at the Health Centre
- 24×7 Library with reading room and e-library facilities
- Proper sports facilities, nutrition Special diet for specialist and sports students
- Accessible infrastructure assistive technology to be provided for disabled students
- Learning as well as earning opportunities and entrepreneurship ecosystem for college students Should provide
- Ensure a functional ICC and Corporate Connect Center in all colleges
- Have functional sanitary napkin vending machines in all colleges and girls hostels.
- DU East and West campuses of DU should be established
- Special scholarships to encourage transgender students to study in the university
- Demand for a full-fledged mindfulness center in DU from the university
Who are the candidates of ABVP
Tushar Dhedha is the candidate for the post of President of Delhi University Students Union elections from ABVP. He graduated from Satyavati College and is currently pursuing MA in Buddhist Studies. He joined AVBP in 2015. Sushant Dhankhar is the candidate for the post of Vice President, who is a state level shooting champion and is pursuing MA in Buddhist Studies.
Female candidate Aparajita is contesting for the post of Secretary. She is also studying MA in Buddhist Studies. The candidate for the post of Joint Secretary is Sachin Bansal, he is also studying MA in Buddhist Studies. Student union elections are to be held in Delhi University on 22nd September, for which many student organizations like ABVP, NSUI, AISA and SFI are in the electoral fray.