7 September Big Events: US President Joe Biden will visit India on 7 September (Thursday) to attend the G-20 summit. US NSA Jake Sullivan told, ‘President Biden is going to the G-20, he is committed to working with emerging market partners for big things. We believe this is what the world will see in New Delhi this weekend. America’s commitment to the G-20 has not diminished and we hope this G-20 summit will show that the world’s major economies can work together even in challenging times, so we are going to Delhi. >
- President Biden will travel to New Delhi in India on Thursday (September 7) to attend the G-20 Leaders’ Summit.
- On Friday (September 8), President Biden Prime Minister of India Will take part in bilateral talks with Narendra Modi.
- On Saturday and Sunday (September 9 and 10), the President will attend the official session of the G-20 summit.
- IGI’s latest Landing on the runway may start from September 7.
PM Modi at the ASEAN-India Summit
On Thursday (September 7), Prime Minister Modi will attend the ASEAN-India Summit. Prime Minister Modi has reached Jakarta on the invitation of Indonesian President Joko Widodo. PM Modi will leave for Delhi this evening. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be visiting Jakarta, Indonesia for the 20th ASEAN-India Summit and the 18th East Asia Summit to be held today.
Foreign Ministry Secretary (East) said that the G-20 summit is going to be held in Delhi. For this reason, this will be a short visit of PM Modi. In fact, the G-20 summit is being held on Saturday (September 9) and Sunday (September 10) under the chairmanship of India. In a press conference, Saurabh Kumar, Secretary (East) in the Ministry of External Affairs, said, ‘Modi will review the progress in ASEAN-India relations at the summit and provide them with further direction. The Prime Minister has left Delhi on the night of 6th September and will return late in the evening of 7th September. Given that the ASEAN summit will be immediately followed by the G-20 summit, it will be a short visit.’
Bharat Jodo Yatra completes 1 year
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi’s Bharat Jodo Yatra completed one year on 7th September (Thursday). Today the yatra will be taken out in every district of the country. Congress Rahul Gandhi had launched the Bharat Jodo Yatra on September 7 last year, in which Rahul Gandhi traveled over 4,000 kilometers with several party leaders.
Rahul Gandhi on Europe tour
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi is on a week-long tour of Europe. During this, he will meet with European Union (EU) lawyers, students and Indian expatriates. There, Rahul Gandhi will meet a group of EU lawyers in Brussels on September 7 and hold a similar meeting in The Hague.
Rahul Gandhi’s Europe tour schedule
- September 7: (Brussels, Belgium) – Rahul Gandhi will meet European Union MPs there. These include those MPs who made the report on Manipur. Will meet students and media in the university there. Will also have dinner with non-resident Indians living in Europe.
- September 8: (Brussels, Paris) – Will hold a press conference at the Parliament House of the European Union. After that leave for Paris by train. Will hold dialogue at the program among NRIs at the Paris Institute of Political Studies.
- September 9: (Paris, France) – Will meet French parliamentarians and diplomats at the French Parliament. At the Asia Society in Paris, he will hold a press conference after meeting thirty prominent intellectuals of France.
- September 10: (Rotterdam, Netherlands) – Rahul Gandhi will interact with students and professors at the University of The Hague. There he will meet representatives of the International Court of Justice. Rahul Gandhi will also meet people who have become refugees due to war and climate change there.
- September 11: (Oslo, Norway) – Will meet Norwegian parliamentarians and industrialists. Will hold discussions with students at the University of Oslo and meet members of the Nobel Committee.
India Alliance Meeting
The first meeting of the Coordination Committee of the India Alliance will be held on September 13 at NCP chief Sharad Pawar’s house in Delhi. In the next few days, the India Alliance can hold mass public meetings in Patna, Bhopal, Nagpur, Delhi, Guwahati.
Delhi Metro parking will remain closed on this day
In view of the G-20 summit in the country’s capital Delhi, the Deputy Commissioner of Metro Police has ordered the station house officers to ensure that all metro parking remains closed from 6 am on Thursday till 11 September. The order issued by DCP Metro G Ram Gopal Naik said, “Keeping in view the security arrangements for the G-20 Summit-2023, all SHOs or heads of metro units should ensure that the G-20 Summit-2023 All parking lots in the Metro unit will remain closed from 6:00 AM on 7th September to 12:00 noon on 11th September, 2023.